Host a Jam
It's easy to start a Jam in your town - all you need is a room with internet, and some people. You can hold a Jam in a fancy conference centre, an office, a school, or at your kitchen table. Join us!
Why should I be a local organiser?
As a local Jam organiser, you will help others learn about a design-based approach to creativity and problem solving, and about sustainability issues.
- You will have great freedom to organise and shape your local jam as you wish, as long as a few basic guidelines are observed.
- You will meet people from your region who are interested in a design-based approach and in sustainability, and you will work closely with them.
- You will be in contact with other organisers globally, all of whom will be worth knowing.
- You will pick up a load of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience.
- You will have the opportunity to showcase your own experience, interests and ideas with participants and the press.
- You will not get rich (the Global Sustainability Jam is non-profit), but you might get famous(er).
- You will certainly have a blast.
I want to try to host a Jam! How do I become a local organiser?
To list your location on the map of cool and innovative Global Sustainability Jam locations worldwide, here's two first steps you can take in only 2 minutes:
1) Read the rules for local organisers at the FAQ. Basically, they say:
- Be ready to find and set up a suitable location for the Jam (workspace, connectivity, physical requirements)
- Be open to everyone.
- Handle registrations and participant lists (this can be as simple as a Facebook or or eventbrite page)
- Be part of the organisers' community (mostly on our Basecamp, but on other platforms too).
- Be non-profit.
- Police the rules, keep the deadlines.
- Publicise your event, and publish the results.
- Have fun!
2) You're ok with the rules?
Cool! Now simply shoot us an email marked "I want to host!" to firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us who you are, where you are located and we take it from there!
I'm interested in the Jam, but not yet ready to be an organiser. What can I do?
If you want to participate in a jam locally, but are not ready to commit to hosting, that's no problem. Tell us, and we can list you as "interested" for your region. The more people sign up, the easier it becomes to get a Jam rolling!
Just shoot us an email marked "I'm interested!" to email@example.com, tell us who you are, where you are located and we take it from there!