Join a Jam
Why should I participate?
As a participant in the Global Sustainability Jam, you'll be jamming for 48 hours on a concrete idea. You'll move through the whole development process in one weekend. And you won't just be talking about design or sustainability, you will be working with others on developing ideas, designs and initiatives which could become real.
- Whether you are experienced or completely new to the field, you will learn more about a design-based approach to creativity, and about sustainability.
- You will pick up a load of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world, where they can be seen by potential customers or employers, or by people who could make them real.
- You will create something that might make a real difference.
- You might get rich and famous.
- You will certainly have a blast.
How can I participate?
Read the rules for participants at the FAQ. Basically, they say:
- Sign up in advance at the location of your choice. Here is a list of the locations so far.
- Don't wait to follow the Jam on Twitter (@GSusJam and #GSusJ12) and on Facebook.
- Show up on time.
- Bring any special tools you need.
- Do not bring a team or an idea. These will form at the Jam.
- Do not bring pre-made content. The ideas developed at the Jam should be new.
- Work together in a spirit of conversation and co-operation.
- Be prepared to share the results of your work under a Creative Commons license.
- Have fun!
There's no location in my region. What should I do?
- Option 1: Hey, you're a pioneer! Let us know you're interested, and we'll help you find other people in your area. Better still - why not become a local organiser and start this in your region? Click here to learn more.
- Option 2: Travel! Seeing the world and meeting new people gives you the chance to learn even more. Check the list of locations again for a suitable region.